C-TAC is developing a program designed to engage and inform every attendee.
Our speakers will cover the full spectrum of advanced illness care expertise including policy, clinical care models, community action, measures and metrics, and technology.
Attendees will network with experts and industry leaders from a wide variety of specialties. By participating in the various workshops, attendees will attain the tools clinicians need to bring their communities stronger advanced illness care.
Join us at the National Academy of Sciences building (September 20th and 21st, 2016) for plenary discussions with:
- • Nancy Brown, CEO, American Heart Association
- • Victor J. Dzau, MD, President, National Academy of Medicine
- • The Honorable Robert A. McDonald, Secretary, Department of Veterans Affairs
- • Senator Tom Daschle
- • Senator William H. Frist, MD
- • Lucy Kalanithi, MD, FACP, Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Stanford School of Medicine
- • Michael Pollan, John S. & James L. Professor of Journalism at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Education & contributing writer to the NYT Magazine
- • Barry Smith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Magellan Health, Inc.
- • Bishop J.W. Macklin, 2nd Assistant Presiding Bishop, Churches of God in Christ International
- • B.J. Miller, MD, Senior Director and Advocate, Zen Hospice Project and Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- • Andy Slavitt, Acting Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- • Diane Meier, MD, Director, Center to Advance Palliative Care
- • Rick Pollack, President and CEO, American Hospital Association
- • Leonard Schaeffer, Judge Robert Maclay Widney Chair and Professor, University of Southern California
- • Eric Schneidewind, President, AARP
Please visit this space again for announcements on speakers at the Third National Summit on Advanced Illness Care.