Opening & Virtual Plenary
Wednesday, October 28th
About the Session
Host: Rev. Cynthia Carter Perrilliat, MPA, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Alameda County Care Alliance Collaborative
The voices of C-TAC address the impact of three pandemics – COVID-19, racial injustice and economic disparities — on health equity today and into the future. Speakers will identify the four pillars of the Moonshot and how they will be woven through the Summit.
– Rev. Yvonne Delk, Minister, United Church of Christ and Member, C-TAC Board of Directors
– Tom Koutsoumpas, Co-Founder and Co-Chair, C-TAC
– Lucy Kalanithi, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Stanford School of Medicine and Member, C-TAC Board of Directors
– Bill Novelli, Co-Founder and Co-Chair, C-TAC
– Rev. Tyrone Pitts, Co-Chair, C-TAC Interfaith and Diversity Workgroup
– Jon Broyles, Executive Director, C-TAC
Clarity Amid Crises – Seeing Ourselves with 2020 Vision
– Ira Byock, MD, FAAHPM, Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Institute for Human Caring, Providence Health & Services, Active Emeritus Professor, Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine.
Speakers, in conversation:
– Wes Moore, CEO, Robin Hood Foundation
– Jean Accius, PhD, Senior Vice President, Global Thought Leadership, AARP
It Takes the Entire Community
This session will provide an overview of the American Heart Association’s Community Health and Action Taskforce in Baltimore, MD. Leaders of the project will share their lessons learned and explore further opportunities for improving health on the community level.
– Nancy Brown, CEO, American Heart Association
– Rhonda Chatmon, Vice President for Multicultural Markets, American Heart Association
– Amanda Pyle, Senior Director, Quality and Systems Improvement, American Heart Association
– Jalisa Powell, Director, Community Impact, American Heart Association