Bridging the Gap: Enhancing the Model for Complex Illness Management (Presented by HCCI)
Tuesday, October 27th
About the Session
Attending the C-TAC National Summit on Advanced Illness Care? Register Today for the HCCI Virtual Preconference!
Please note that there is an additional registration fee to participate in this pre-conference session. For physicians, the rate is $135. For all other titles, the rate is $90.
The need for home-based primary care (HBPriC) and home-based palliative care (HBPalC) is on the rise. In many programs around the U.S. these two models have operated separately; however, there has been an increased interest and need for them to “share the load” and to work more closely together to create a one-stop-shop to provide the highest quality care that reduces cost for a growing population of medically complex patients.
- Describe the unique aspects of HBPriC and HBPalC, as well as the ways in which these two models of care are aligned.
- Discuss the value and opportunities of bringing together HBPriC and HBPalC to provide a full-service solution for managing complex illness and chronic disease.
- Identify strategies to successfully implement a complex illness management model incorporating both HBPriC and HBPalC services.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC and the Home Centered Care Institute. PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following organizations accept certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™:
- Physician Assistants: American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)Nurse Practitioners: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP)
- Nurses: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Practice Managers: Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)