The 2017 National Summit will bring together over 400 healthcare stakeholders representing providers, health systems, health insurers, consumer groups, patient advocates, private-sector employers, and thought leaders from around the country.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2017
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Bill Novelli, Co-Chairs, C-TAC
- Tom Koutsoumpas, Co-Chair, C-TAC
Jo Ann Jenkins, CEO, AARP
- Driving Miss Norma – Hear the inspiring story of Ms. Norma, who, upon losing her husband and being diagnosed with uterine cancer at 90-years old, chose to forgo treatment and instead hit the road in pursuit of her most meaningful version of wellbeing.
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2017
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Summit Co-Chair Bill Frist, MD
- Summit Co-Chair Tom Daschle
Caregiver Initiatives - Learn how a small caregiver program is making a big impact for family caregivers and giving employees a greater sense of purpose and security.
National Caregiving Strategies - A panel of caregiver advocates share their views on what needs to change at the national level to give caregivers and their families the support and resources they need.
- Sung Poblete, President & CEO, Stand Up to Cancer
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Transforming Care Delivery - Effective and innovative models of value-oriented care around the country are changing how care is delivered. Hear from a panel of experts on how to sustainably scale effective programs to better align care delivered with the needs and values of those that receive it.
- Gene Woods, CEO, Carolinas Health System, and Chair, American Hospital Association
- Sam Srivastava, CEO, Magellan Health
Andrew Dreyfus, President & CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Darrell Kirch, President & CEO, Association of American Medical Colleges
Jim Clifton, Chairman & CEO, Gallup
- Advanced Care Transformation (ACT) Index - We cannot show progress if we cannot measure it. C-TAC’s Dr. David Longnecker presents the ACT Index, which will allow the community to monitor success over time and focus efforts and resources on only the most effective initiatives for improving advanced illness care.
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Breakout Session I
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Breakout Sessions II
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Coffee and Refreshments
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
The Policies of Delivery System Reform – Regulatory leaders will discuss what policies need to change in order to transition from fee-for-service and volume-based medicine to person- and value-centered care.
- Perspectives from Capitol Hill – A bipartisan panel of policy-makers will discuss a the legislative landscape surrounding the movement for improved advanced illness care and share their visions for moving forward.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2017
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Funding in Advanced Care – A group of leading healthcare funders talk about what they’re looking for in supporting the next generation of advanced care and end-of-life innovations and programs.
State and Community Initiatives - The work of transforming advanced illness care happens on-the-ground with people interacting with their clinicians, local health providers, and community institutions. Hear from those on the front lines of transformation about what resources communities need and how we can best support them.
Bill Novelli, Co-Chairs, C-TAC
Tom Koutsoumpas, Co-Chair, C-TAC